If you have constant joint pain with difficulty in mobility, arthritis could be the cause. Arthritis is an inflammatory disease that causes degeneration in the joints, leading to numerous unpleasant symptoms. While there is no cure, the disease can be managed for a pain-free life. One way you can help manage arthritis is by seeking chiropractic care and/or utilizing our Class IV laser therapy device. Yes, at Carter Chiropractic & Laser Pain Solutions serving Greenville, SC, we can help you live a normal life.
A joint is a part in your body where bones meet, such as the knee, shoulder, elbow, and fingers. Joints have cartilage to allow bones to move without rubbing against each other. When you have arthritis, it interferes with how your joints work.
There are different types of arthritis, but the most common are:
- Osteoarthritis (OA): Due to aging, injury, or overuse, the cartilage in your joints may weaken, causing bones to rub against each other. As a result, you may experience pain and limited mobility. OA is more common in women and is more prevalent in patients aged 45 and above.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This is an auto-immune disorder where your immunity system attacks your joints, causing inflammation. Inflammation is the natural body’s reaction to fight off an infection or injury. It is a way for the body to send blood and other fluids to the injured area to hasten healing. However, in the case of rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation causes stiffness, joint tenderness, and weakness.
- Gout: It’s an inflammatory condition caused by too much uric acid in the body. Unhealthy weight and certain dietary choices may put you at risk of gout.
If you have arthritis, pain and limited mobility may be the way of life, but don’t settle for this suffering. Instead, book an appointment with a chiropractor on our team, and after a few sessions, you may realize your pain is minimal, and you can move better.
How a Chiropractor on Our Team Treats Arthritis
A chiropractor on our team is likely to rely on the results of a test performed by another doctor to confirm your arthritis diagnosis. However, we will ask you to describe your symptoms and perform physical examinations to identify areas of discomfort. Besides that, we may request x-ray images to determine the extent of joint damage.
Next, we devise a treatment plan that involves drug-free and non-invasive methods. Treatments we may use to treat arthritis include:
- Spinal manipulation: It aligns misaligned joints in the body, helping open the nervous system, which may help optimize body functions, including pain management.
- Class IV Laser therapy: We use a special light that helps trigger the cell energy to help reduce inflammation and pain.
Contact Us for Arthritis Treatment from a Chiropractor on Our Team
Suffering from arthritis? Book an appointment with us at Carter Chiropractic & Laser Pain Solutions serving Greensville, SC, for pain management. Call us at (864) 268-8196.